ASEAN SX Photo Contest 2023
Calling for entry. Submit your photos for a chance to win a total prize of over $20,000 (฿670,000) and chance to expose your works in the largest sustainability EXPO in ASEAN.
ASEAN SX Photo Contest invites you to share your significant memories and experiences in exploring solutions to build a better world of long-lasting balance together.
The theme of the contest: “Good Balance, Better World”
Submitted photos should demonstrate one or more following :
- How to make a better world.
- Portraying touching moments that may reflect how people can live their good-balance life.
- Any concern about the environment or climate change.
- Promote sustainability development in ASEAN countries.
Closing date for submissions : 15 September 2023
The contest is open to both amateurs and professionals. Entries are welcome from 10 ASEAN countries such as Brunei Darussalam, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, which will be judged by an international panel of renowned photographers.
Established by The Thai Beverage Public Company in collaboration with The Royal Photographic Society of Thailand (RPST) and Photographic Arts Foundation (PAF), the ASEAN SX Photo Contest aims to socially and environmentally inspire people from ASEAN countries to live sustainably, bring balance to their lives, and make a better world.
The contest is open to anyone who is a citizen of ASEAN countries; Brunei Darussalam, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
- Grand Prize: ฿100,000 * (Approx. $2,850)
- National Prizes (each ASEAN country)
- 1 National Award Winners for each country: ฿30,000 * (Approx. $850)
- 3 National Honorable Mentions for each country: ฿10,000 (Approx. $285)
Total: 40 Prizes*
- The grand prize will be drawn among the national prize winners. In the event of winning the grand prize, the national prize winner prize of the respective country will be canceled.
- The National Prizes will be given to photographers holding the nationality of each ASEAN country, regardless of where their photos are taken. However, those photos need to be taken in any ASEAN country.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Eligible photos must be taken within 10 years (after 1 January 2013)
- Entrants can submit a maximum of 10 photos.
- We welcome photos taken with digital equipment such as DSLR, Mirrorless, Compact, Drone, Tablet, Smartphone, Action Camera, Camera Trap, etc., or film cameras.
- The photographic entries must be in digital format and submitted to the Contest program by uploading the files through RPST website.
- Entrants must apply and enroll in the Contest program via RPST website. You must fill out the application form in English, including your name, address, phone number, your email address and the number of your passport ID number, and any other required field.
- Entrants must provide a title and description for each photograph
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; however, scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- The photographic entry must have “more than 2,400 pixels on the shortest side” and “no more than 4,000 pixels on the longest side” in .jpg or .jpeg format only.
- In case, you submit a panoramic picture, please set the longest side no more than 4,000 pixels.
- Raw or high-resolution files will probably be requested in the event that participants have won prizes or in the event that participants are chosen to have their works exhibited.
- By entering the Contest, the entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant and that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- Committee members of The Royal Photographic Society of Thailand and judges cannot participate in this competition.
- By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, display and create derivative works of the entries in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to Display at a potential exhibition of selected entries.
- All RULES AND REGULATIONS are subject to change without prior notice.
- The decision of the judges is final.
How to submit your photographs
- Entrants must register prior to the submission at www.rpst.or.th/ASEAN_SX_Photo_Contest_2023
- Enter the required information and create your own username and password. After completing the registration entrants will be able to submit or re-submit the photographs until 15 September 2023
For any queries including forgotten passwords please contact firstname.lastname@example.org